Ben A. Snipes
Attorney Ben A. Snipes is a partner and shareholder with the Kovacich Snipes Johnson, P.C., law firm in Great Falls, Montana. Nationally recognized as a top trial advocate, Mr. Snipes focuses his practice primarily on plaintiff injury claims, including trucking accidents and construction injuries. He also has unique experience in toxic tort cases, such as asbestos and mesothelioma cases, and work-related injuries. In addition, he maintains an active docket of qui tam/false claims act whistleblower and workers’ compensation claims.
Throughout the course of his career, Mr. Snipes has achieved notable success fighting for the rights and entitlements of those suffering needlessly as the result of preventable tragedies. From his efforts, he has helped recover numerous multimillion-dollar settlements and awards, and the firm has secured more than $500 million in total compensation to date.
Recognized for his impeccable professionalism and exceptional client service, Mr. Snipes holds an AV-Preeminent peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell, and is recognized by the National Trial Lawyers as among the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Montana. He has also earned many other accolades from his peers along with positive testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients. Since 2018, Mr. Snipes has been recognized as a Super Lawyers Honoree by Super Lawyers, a distinction reserved for no more than 5 percent of attorneys in each state. In 2019, Mr. Snipes along with his partner, Mark Kovacich, were named Trial Lawyers of the Year by the Montana Trial Lawyers Association.
In 2021, Mr. Snipes along with his partner, Ross Johnson, acquired a $65 million verdict on behalf of 24 Montana farmers. This is the 2nd highest verdict in Montana state court history. In 2023 Ben Snipes and his partners were named to the list of the 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers in the nation for 2023 by the Lawdragon legal guide.
After graduating magna cum laude from the University of Montana Western in Dillon, where he was a two time All-American offensive lineman and athletic scholarship recipient, Mr. Snipes obtained his Juris Doctor in 2008 from the University of Montana School of Law. Along with practicing before all Montana state courts, he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Montana and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.
Active in his local, state and federal legal communities, Mr. Snipes is a member of the Montana Trial Lawyers Association, the State Bar of Montana and the American Association for Justice. He also currently serves on the board of directors of the Montana Trial Lawyers Association (AAJ Delegate) Federal Bar Association’s Montana Chapter, the Cascade County Bar Association and the Cascade County Law Clinic. Mr. Snipes has authored numerous professional articles and provided numerous lectures regarding trial practice. Likewise, Mr. Snipes devotes substantial time and professional skill providing pro bono legal services to indigent clients and serving as a court appointed guardian ad litem.
- University of Montana School of Law, Missoula, Montana: J.D. – 2008
- University of Montana – Western, Dillon, Montana: B.S. magna cum laude, Honors: With Honors, & Football Scholarship, Major: Business Administration
- AV (Preeminent) Peer Review Rated
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40
- 2019 MTLA Trial Lawyer of the Year
- Super Lawyers Honoree
- Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers
- Montana Trial Lawyers Association, Member/Board of Directors, 2008 – Present
- Montana State Bar, Member, 2008 – Present
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Federal Bar Association (Montana Chapter), Board of Directors, 2016 – Present
- Cascade County Bar Association, Member/Executive Officer (2009)
- Cascade County Law Clinic (Board of Directors)
- Big Brothers Big Sisters, Great Falls (Board of Directors, President, 2012-2014)
- West Side Little Leage (Board of Directors, Vice President)
- Great Falls Youth Tackle Football League (Founder, Board of Directors)